Beginning January 1, 2021, the use of the Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes have been modified.
Here are some E&M change highlights:
- CPT Code 99201 has been deleted.
- The key components have updated.
- E&M code selection is now based on “Time” or “Medical Decision Making”
- Time includes the total time of the visit.
- The determining factors of new and established codes are now the same for each level.
- There are no specific requirements for the history or exam.
Accepted for 1 CE credit in: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, Ohio