Beginning January 1, 2021, the use of the Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes have been modified.
Here are some E&M change highlights:
- CPT Code 99201 has been deleted.
- The key components have updated.
- E&M code selection is now based on “Time” or “Medical Decision Making”
- Time includes the total time of the visit.
- The determining factors of new and established codes are now the same for each level.
- There are no specific requirements for the history or exam.
Join Dr. John Schmidt as he navigates through the changes to the Evaluation and Management (E&M) Codes for 2021.
Now, the Evaluation and Management (E&M) Codes are much simpler to code and document.
Dr. Schmidt will compare the old and new documentation guidelines so that you and your staff can easily choose the appropriate level of Evaluation and Management (E&M) Codes.
Approved for 1 CE credit in: Texas
Accepted for 1 CE credit in: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, Ohio (No expiration date)