Beginning January 1, 2021, the selection of the Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes for outpatient settings has been modified.
Here are some E&M change highlights:
- Code 99201 has been deleted
- The required three key components have been abolished
- E&M code selection is now based on:
- Medical Decision Making
- Time includes the total time of the visit, including entries into the EHR
- Determining factors of new and established codes are the same
- There is no specific requirement for the history or exam
Join Dr. John Schmidt as he navigates through the changes to the Evaluation and Management (E&M) Codes for 2021.
Now, the Evaluation and Management (E&M) Codes are much simpler to code and document.
Dr. Schmidt will compare the old and new documentation guidelines so that you and your staff can easily choose the appropriate level of Evaluation and Management (E&M) Codes.
Approved for 1 CE credit in: Texas
Accepted for 1 CE credit in: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Colorado, Ohio